Saturday, June 25, 2011

Bringing Egypt to my Wedding in Ohio

I had always wanted to get married in Egypt, but since I did my engagement party there, we decided to have our katb kitab in Ohio. I brought a little bit of Egypt to my wedding and it was so much fun. Here are some photos! Maybe they will inspire Egyptian-Americans or Arab-Americans who are getting married in the U.S. but will miss the whole extravagance and craziness of an Arab wedding. These photos are copyrighted to my photographer Jennifer Mott www.jennifermott.com She's awesome!











This last photo wasn't taken by my photographer, but it's when the Pyramid was melting :(

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics! What a wonderful idea for a wedding! mashAllah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank youso much Mzzz_Channi! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, masha'allah, looks beautiful! Where in Ohio was this? I am from the Cleveland area and know there's at least one very good Egyptian restaurant there. Looks like one wedding I would have loved to attend--and taste all the wonderful food! Mabrook :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much Yvonne! This isn't in Cleveland, about a couple hours away though (not sure about putting the city because that's where I'm from, and it's a pretty small town). I had fun planning it, especially trying to integrate both American and Egyptian culture. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete